Often, clients ask us how we can help them evaluate whether fiber-optics is right for them. Here is an overview of the four-phases of fiber-optics implementation in a typical engagement.
Phase 1: Education/Discovery
- Provide education about the pros and cons of fiber-optics compared to other solutions.
- Share why so many companies are transitioning to fiber-optics.
- Reveal what we are currently seeing within the telecom industry and where it is headed.
- Provide examples of clients we have assisted in the past and why fiber was a good fit for them.
- Answer your specific questions about bandwidth, upload and download times, reliability and other fiber-optics-concerns.
- Discover what you currently have and what you are looking to do in regards to connectivity moving forward.
- If fiber is not the correct solution, we will provide other solutions for connectivity which includes: Cable Broadband, Ethernet Over Copper, DSL, T1, 4G, Wireless, WAV
Phase 2: Locate Fiber, Run Site Survey (If Needed), Negotiate Price
- With an address being provided we utilize a FiberLocator software, which we pay a royalty to use to locate fiber providers under the street and within the building.
- In order to get pricing from the carriers we will need: Type of fiber needed, Bandwidth required, Term of the contract desired, Indication of how fast needed back.
- If a site survey is needed to be ran we will execute this on behalf of the client.
- LightmyFIBER will negotiate the best price possible with the carriers to come back with pricing for our clients.
Phase 3: White Glove Project Management To Supervise Installation
- For a small fee LightmyFIBER will assign a supervisor to our client to work with the carrier and onsite technicians to manage the installation of the fiber-optics.
- LightmyFIBER has a 45-step checklist to ensure that not one step is missed to ensure it will be a successful install.
- There are usually multiple problems that carriers run into because they are not effective during the installation of their own fiber-optics.
- Our White Glove supervisors are very experienced with installations because they are all ex-carrier employees that have been retrained on the proper way to implement an installation project.
Phase 4: White Glove Managed Services
- White Glove Managed Services ensures that if any problems arrise with the carrier that our white glove team will jump in to ensure that the services are fixed by the carrier.
- We have great relationships with upper management within carriers to ensure problems get fixed ASAP, where not many people have connections to higher executives with carriers to get problems prioritized.
As we have explained here, we take pride in ensuring that you have everything you need to make the right decision for your business and enjoy a successful fiber-optic implementation.